If you enjoy the show...

Wednesday 10 August 2016

This Week's Guest Is Professor Donald D. Hoffman

On this week's episode I sit down to chat with Professor Donald D. Hoffman who is the Professor of Cognitive Science at the University of California. The good Professor first came to my attention with his incredible TED talk "Do We See Reality?" I watched it twice in one sitting partly due to being so fascinated and partly due to not fully being able to recant what I had just listened to when trying to describe it to my wife in a text.


Afterwards I decided very quickly thee best way to learn from this man, other than enrolling at said University, would be to bring him on the show and talk to him in the virtual studio about this and his various other papers.


This chat is both very intellectual (Hoffman) and very not (Me) but Donald managed to break it all down into understandable chunks even I could follow. So sit back and listen to some of the weirdest and coolest scientific thinkings and research you will hear this side of Halley's Comet.


You can find out more about Professor Hoffman at his University of California Faculty Page

No comments:

Post a Comment